Brewer Recreation Center was built in 1926 and was originally built as St. Clair Community Center. Brewer Recreation Center was located at 4535 Fairview Street near the corner of East Warren Avenue, on Detroit’s east side. Brewer Recreation Center was also connected to Joy Middle School. Brewer Recreation Center was named after Mr. Clarence Brewer, who was an early leader in the city recreation department as would eventually become the head of the Detroit Recreation Department.

Brewer Recreation Center was closed in 2006. The roof of Brewer Recreation Center was a massive cooper behemoth and was immediately the first thing that the scrappers went for. After the cooper roof was scrapped, the windows, doors, and other piping was next to go.

By 2009, Brewer Recreation Center was a shell of it’s former self and had become a huge eye sore.

In 2010, Brewer Recreation Center was demolished.

As of 2015, a large empty field sits where Brewer Recreation Center once stood. There are no current plans to do anything with the land.