Craig’s Chapel Baptist Church was built in 1950 and was located at 4800 Buchanan Street at the corner of 31st Street, on Detroit’s southwest side. It was a small church and a very small congregation. The congregation merged with a larger Baptist church and eventually moved.
In 2004, Craig’s Chapel Baptist Church was bankrupt and was forced to close the doors.
As of 2015, Craig’s Chapel Baptist Church still sits abandoned, but well secure. There are no current plans for the redevelopment or demolition of the building.