Project Description

The abandoned trains and street cars were located outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. There are located on private property, but yet still in the middle of the woods. All of the trains and street cars were built from 1945-1951. The trains and street cars were brought to the property because it was owned by a street car company and had storage and a maintenance facility. The trains and street cars were brought in from St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh once they became inoperable. The trains and street cars all became inoperable and were brought to the property sometime between 1985-1995. Most of the trains and street cars have remained abandoned ever since they were brought to the property.

As of 2015, the abandoned trains and street cars are still sitting on the property. The owner will prosecute anyone that gets caught trespassing on the property.