Project Description

The Detroit Osteopathic Hospital was originally built in 1937 and went through several additions throughout the years.  Detroit Osteopathic Hospital ended up being a huge, sprawling complex that was 8 stories high.  Detroit Osteopathic Hospital was located at 12523 Third Ave in Highland Park, Michigan.  Detroit Osteopathic Hospital’s main 8-story building closed for good in 1992.  In 2004,  BEST Academy opened a charter school in one part of the old Detroit Osteopathic Hospital.  Unfortunately, BEST Academy didn’t last long and was abandoned in 2012.

As of 2015, Detroit Osteopathic Hospital still sits abandoned.  There are no current plans for this behemoth hospital.