East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church

//East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church
East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church 2015-08-27T07:08:40+00:00

Project Description

East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church was built in 1908 and the addition of the gymnasium and auditorium came in 1936.  East Grand Blvd. Methodist Church was one of Detroit’s most prominent and first African-American churches in the lower east side of Detroit.  East Grand Blvd. Methodist Church was located at 1089 East Grand Blvd. on the lower east side of Detroit.  The church closed in 2000 and has remained wide-open ever since its first days of abandonment.

By 2012, most of the meals at East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church had been scrapped, including the auditorium-style seats on the upper balcony.

As of 2015, the East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church still sits abandoned.  There are no current plans to redevelop or demolish the vacant eye sore.

 

East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church in 2008-2009:

 

East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church in 2011:

 

East Grand Boulevard Methodist Church in 2014: