Project Description

The Epiphany Community House was built in 1925 at the address of 10103 Kercheval Avenue, on Detroit’s lower east side.  The Epiphany Community House was originally built as a recreation center and a meeting place by the Epiphany Episcopalian Church, which was located directly next door.

In 2002, the building was bought by Detroit attorney Paul Curtis, who also owned the Wurlitzer Building in downtown Detroit.  Paul Curtis renovated some of the floors of the Epiphany Community House and changed the name to The Curtis Building.

In 2011, after practicing law in the Curtis Building for several years, the building was then abandoned by Mr. Paul Curtis.

As of 2015, the building was purchased by an unknown buyer and it is currently being renovated into retail and living space.