Project Description

Faith Deliverance Ministries Church was built in 1928 and was located at 901 Conner Street between Clairpointe Avenue and Freud Street, on Detroit’s lower east side. Faith Deliverance Ministries Church was a brick, two-story structure that was designed in a Modern and Spanish style architecture. While the façade of the building was modern, the cornicing and roof featured Spanish accents. The roof featured green, terra cotta tiles that angled above the cornicing of the building. While the church had been Faith Deliverance Ministries Church for many years before closing, it was originally a church with a different name. When it was built in 1928, Faith Deliverance Ministries Church was actually built as a liquor store with apartments upstairs. Around 1970, the liquor store was converted into a church. Faith Deliverance Ministries Church had operated out of the building since the 1980’s.

In 2003, Faith Deliverance Ministries Church went bankrupt and the church was closed for good. It has been abandoned ever since it closed.

As of 2015, Faith Deliverance Ministries Church is still abandoned. There are no current plans for the building.