Faith Moves Ministries Church was built in 1955 and was located at 14025 Hubbell Avenue near the corner of Grand River Avenue, on Detroit’s west side. Faith Moves Ministries Church was a small, two-story church with a dark brown-brick exterior and was designed in a modern architectural style. The façade of Faith Moves Ministries Church featured vertical lines and rows of stained-glass windows that were the church’s most prominent feature. Faith Moves Ministries Church was a small congregation that would eventually fizzle out.
In 2011, Faith Moves Ministries Church was closed for good and the congregation disbanded. The church remained abandoned for a few years and scrappers eventually broke into the former church. Before there was too much damage done to the church, another congregation came in and purchased the abandoned church.
In early 2014, Clearview Christian Ministries moved into the former Faith Moves Ministries Church. Clearview Christian Ministries has managed to continue operations out of the church ever since.
As of 2015, Clearview Christian Ministries is still going strong. We at Detroit-ish are always happy to see an abandoned building, especially a beautiful church, come back to life.