Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter

//Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter
Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter 2015-08-12T02:43:07+00:00

Project Description

The Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter was originally built as a theater in 1938. The Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter was located at 4858 East Davison Street near the corner of West McNichols Road. The Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter was an all brick structure that was designed in a modern architectural style. The main entrance exterior featured a sandstone-rock bordered doorway. That was about the only special feature on the building’s façade, as it was an otherwise pretty plain exterior.

The Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter had a rectangular floor plan that featured office and an auditorium. The building was a theater (not sure the name or how long) but it was eventually purchased by the free masons.

In the 1960’s, the building had become the Philippians Grand Lodge. The building remained the Philippians Grand Lodge until it was then changed mason groups.

In the 1990’s, the Philippians Grand Lodge became the Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter. The Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter used the building as their meeting headquarters until it was permanently closed in 2002.

As of 2015, the Grand Lodge of the Naomi Grand Chapter is still abandoned. There are no current plans for the building.