Lafayette VFW Hall was built in 1905 and was located at 840 Dragoon Street at the corner of West Lafayette Street, on Detroit’s southwest side. Lafayette VFW Hall was a two story brick building that was built in a Colonial Revival architectural style. The building was used for a Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) meeting hall for many years before it was finally converted into lofts and residential space around 2000.
In 2010, the last residents moved out of the building and the former Lafayette VFW Hall was abandoned.
As of 2015, a large fire had destroyed much of the building. The building is still abandoned and has been heavily vandalized. The building is very dangerous to enter because of the fire damage.