Project Description

New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church was built around 1940 and was located at 3156 Arndt Street between McDougall Street and Elmwood Street, on Detroit’s lower east side. New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church was originally built as a house, but at some point around 1970 it had been transformed into a church. New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church was a small, one-story church that looked more like house than an actual church. New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church was a small church with a very small congregation.

New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church closed around 20005.  The actual reason why the church folded seems to be bankruptcy as the number of parishioners began to diminish.

By 2009, New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church had been broken into a scrapped. New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church was quickly looted and trashed, forever sealing the fate of the church.

By 2015, New Greater Fellowship Baptist Church is still abandoned. There are no current plans for the property.