The Starlight Temple of Truth Church was built in 1942 and was located at 245 Watson Street between Beaubien Street and Brush Street on Detroit’s east side, in the city’s historic Brush Park neighborhood. The Starlight Temple of Truth Church was a one-story structure (with a loft) that was designed in a Romanesque Revival architectural style. The exterior of the Starlight Temple of Truth Church was an all red-brick façade, with small, stone details featured throughout. The red-brick façade featured brick columns that lined the entire exterior of the church. The most prominent features of the exterior was the stone-bordered, arched-window and a large, stone cross that crowned the peaked cornice of the rooftop. There is not too much information about the Starlight Temple of Truth Church or it’s history, aside from it being listed as an African-American congregation.
The Starlight Temple of Truth Church closed in 2005 and has been abandoned ever since.
As of 2015, the Starlight Temple of Truth Church still sits abandoned. There are no current plans for the abandoned church.